Welcome! Today is day 1 of the rest of your life. It’s the day to start over and begin to incorporate healthy living habits that will lead you down the path to more vibrant health, energy and wellbeing. Will it cure everything wrong with you? No. But I know from personal experience that every little step adds up and in time makes a significant difference. It can mean the difference between taking medications or being pill free. It can mean the difference between a lifetime of being diabetic and at risk of heart attacks and stroke (cardiovascular or heart disease is the number one killer for everyone but diabetics are at an even higher risk. More on that later on) or losing a limb, your eyesight or worse. Today is the day you decide to eat better, sleep better, feel better and do better. We will do this together. It’s day 1 for me too although it’s not the first time I’ve done a 30 day challenge.
Supplies you will need:
A positive attitude
And a bit of self control (we are a work in progress though so if you go off track just get back on. No failure allowed!)
Measuring spoons and cups
Bullet blender (but a basic blender will work too)
MyFitness Pal app (it’s FREE!)
Activity tracker (helps keep you honest with your activity levels 😉)
So, here’s what to do today:
1. Weigh yourself. Get your naked self on the scale. Take a good hard look. Like what you see? Why or why not? If not, there’s hope! Write it down.
2. What weight do you want to be? Write that down.
3. Why do you want to weigh that weight? Have you ever weighed that weight? What do you expect when you get there?
4. Find out what your cholesterol numbers are. If you don’t know these ask next time you see your medical provider. Write them down.
5. Get a blood pressure reading and record it.
6. Measure your waist circumference. Also measure the widest part of your hips, upper arms and thighs. Chest too, especially women. Record these.
7. Record your clothing sizes.
8. List your medications and health conditions. (Can you see we are creating your own little health record journal?)
9. List your goals other than your weight goal. What do you want to accomplish this month? Is there something you are trying to give up? Or do more of? Less of? Start?
10. Write down how you are feeling. Excited? Hesitant? Not sure? Motivated? Tired? Energetic? Be real. This is for you to track. No one is judging you!
Phew! That’s enough for today. Tomorrow we will talk about the basic plan and what the rest of the 30 days will encompass. For now, here’s to our health! 🍷🥗🍏